Top 5 Best Skid Steer Attachments You Can Buy
Skid Steer vehicles are extremely versatile. With the aid of a relatively low-cost attachment, you can completely alter the functionality of the machine.
From specialized buckets and augers to hay spears, pallet forks, and backhoes; the list of quality skid steer attachments is long.
In this article, we have brought together 5 top-rated attachments from various categories and provided an in-depth review of each.
For our findings at a glance, check out the table below. For a comprehensive look at each of the attachments, plus a dedicated buyer’s guide, keep on reading.
- Top 5 Best Skid Steer Attachments
- Best Skid Steer Attachment – Top 5 Reviews
- Skid Steer Attachment Buyer’s Guide
- The Versatility of the Skid Steer
- The various types of skid steer attachments
- Related Content: Skid Steer Tires – What are the options?
Top 5 Best Skid Steer Attachments
Best Stump Bucket: Titan Extreme-HD Stump Bucket Attachment
The Titan Extreme-HD Stump Bucket is a specialized bulk handling tool that features a Skidsteer-Bobcat Attachment Pull. This enables the attachment to work as a stump bucket and a tree scoop digger.
Its superb design and heavy-duty steel construction allow it to dig, excavate and uproot tree stumps, as well as carry concrete slabs.
If you’re looking for a hard-wearing yet versatile bucket attachment, this is the one to buy.
Best Mount Plate: Titan Mount-Plate 516MP Skid Steer Attachment
- DESIGNED FOR BOBCAT AND KUBOTA: Titans skid steer attachments were made specifically for Bobcat and Kubota tractors. They will easily weld or bolt onto plows, forks, or other tractor accessories made for Kubota and Bobcat. Add the quick tach mount system to your tractor parts and yard equipment today.
- UNIVERSAL SKID STEER: When you have yard work that needs to be done, you want it done fast. Plowing snow, removing debris, or transporting scraps can be tedious when done by hand. Use your tractor to help you. With our mount plate, you can add virtually any attachment. Its skid steer style construction makes hooking up pallet forks, plows, grapples, and other parts much easier.
- HEAVYDUTY STEEL: Our tractor plates are made from grade 50 structural steel. These steel plates are strong enough to handle heavy load work. You can pack on excessive weight without worrying about the plates bowing or bending. These structural steel plates have greater resistance to corrosion than standard steel, giving you years of use.
- MEASUREMENTS: This mount plate has an outside width of 46" and an inside width of 45". It is 18.5" tall. The top bar is 3/8" thick. The plate is 5/16" thick. It weighs approximately 85 pounds. Its convenient size makes setup and hookup to your tractor straightforward and effortless. Order yours today!
The Titan Mount-Plate 516MP is a high-quality mount plate made from Grade-50 structural steel and features a Bobcat Kubota quick attachment adapter that aids in fitting it to the lift arms of a Skid-steer loader.
With the additional functionality of hookup attachments, this really is a great tool for a wide range of skid steer owners that want to get the most out of their machine.
Best Hay Spear: Titan Hay Spear Skid Steer Attachment
- GREAT FOR MOVING HAY BALES: If you dont have the proper equipment, transporting hay bales can be difficult. They can be prone to falling apart or toppling over. Fortunately, this attachment has an HD forged spear that will penetrate your bale instead of pushing it off the stack. Move hay bales around with ease using this Hay Bale Spear by Titan Attachments.
- SKID STEER HOOK UP: This hay bale spear uses a universal skid steer style hook up. It fits most fullsized skid steers and tractors with removable buckets as long as they have the quick tach system installed. This makes installing your new hay bale spear incredibly easy! Add it to your tractor parts and implements today.
- DESIGNED FOR BOBCAT TRACTORS: This attachment is specifically made for Bobcat mowers and haulers. With this hay bale spear attachment, youll be able to perform a myriad of tasks, transforming your skid steer into a multipurpose machine. Its especially great for use on the farm, where hay bales are in abundance.
- POWERFUL CAPACITY: If youve got a big job to do, trust this hay bale spear attachment. It can support up to 3000 lbs., so you can pick up plenty of hay bales. This attachment is ideal for lifting round hay bales, making it a great asset on the farm. Simplify your farm work with Titans Hay Bale Spear Attachment.
- DIMENSIONS: This hay bale spear measures at 49" in length and 45.5" in width. The spike is 47" long. This attachment also comes with 17inch stabilizer spears, but 39inch and 43inch spears are available. This attachment weighs approximately 136 lbs. Upon ordering, we need your phone number for the trucking company to schedule delivery.
The Titan Hay Spear is a high-quality tractor hay-spear attached to a vertical frame made from high-grade structural steel.
Capable of lifting up to 3,000 pounds of hay, this is the go-to attachment for any hay farming skid steer owner.
Best Fence-Post Puller: Titan TTP13 Attachment
- UNIVERSAL SKID STEER QUICK TACH: This tree and fence post puller attachment has a universal fit for most skid steer and tractor models, including Bobcat and Kubota. This versatile skid steer attachment lets you take on any landscaping challenge with ease. Whether you need a remover for fence posts or tree roots, this attachment tool makes it easier to get the job done.
- HYDRAULIC CYLINDERS AND SINGLE HINGE PIN: The Titan Skid Steer Tree, Fence, And Post Puller Attachment is equipped with 2 x 10-inch hydraulic cylinders to power the jaws. This equipment delivers 3,000-pounds of clamping force to pull stubborn tree roots or fence posts directly from the ground. Additionally, the jaws have a single hinge pin for a strong attachment and increased durability.
- INCLUDES HOSES AND FLAT-FACED COUPLERS: This attachment tool is provided with flat-faced couplers and hoses to maintain consistent pressure levels during operation. These features come together to preserve the longevity of the attachment. They also protect your landscape kit and accessories investment and allow you to accomplish more work over a more extended period.
- RUGGED STEEL TEETH: This attachment has powerful reinforced steel jaws with rugged 1-inch-thick metal teeth to remove tough roots and wood fencing posts from the ground. These jaws can eliminate 12-inch-wide trees directly from the environment without leaving any pieces behind.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Since this attachment is used in rough or damp environments for landscaping or farm work, we have finished the steel with a powder coating making it more resistant to corrosion and rust over time. This corrosion resistance is essential to keep the attachment in working order for years to come.
The Titan TTP13 Fence-Post Puller is a heavy-duty hydraulically-powered tree and fence post puller whose solid construction features tough steel jaws capable of pulling and uprooting trees that are up to 12-inches wide.
With a hydraulic system capable of generating 3,000 pounds of clamping force, this unit certainly packs a punch.
One of the best post pulling skid steer attachments currently on the market.
Best Pallet Fork Attachment: Titan Skid Steer 42″
- UNIVERSAL SKID STEER CONNECTION: Our superior design fits almost all skid steers, loaders, and tractors such as the New Holland, Bobcat Skid Steer, and Kubota tractors. This kind of connection is known as SSQA or Universal Skid steer style quick connect.
- REMOVABLE PALLET FORK BLADES: The frame features a slotted carriage bar for mounting class 2 pallet fork blades from 6 to 44-inches. Easily unclick the blades when only the receiver hitch is needed.
- IDEAL FOR LIGHTWEIGHT TOWING: Convert your skid steer or tractor into a towing machine with this handy receiver mount. It features a standard 2-inch trailer hitch that lets you tow trailers and other tractor implements without taxing your machine’s power or lift capacity.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: This frame is rated at a 4,000-pound capacity, allowing you to tackle even the toughest jobs while providing rust resistance to the steel from weather elements.
- DIMENSIONS: This durable pallet fork frame is 45.5-inches long and stands 19-inches tall. The frame provides adjustable fork blade placement along the carriage bar and a standard trailer hitch. The frame alone weighs 100-pounds.
This is a powerful trailer hitch and pallet fork attachment that comes equipped with an integrated hitch receiver that is used to can move equipment and trailers around.
Its frame features the design of a standard 2-inch trailer hitch receiver, and the maximum load capacity for this model is 3,000 pounds.
Best Skid Steer Attachment – Top 5 Reviews
The following review focuses on 5 of the best attachments that can be fitted onto the lift arms of skid-steer loaders.
In our selection, we have included a specialized stump bucket, a mount plate, a hay spear, a fence-post puller, and a specialized pallet fork.
1. Titan Extreme-HD Stump Bucket Skid Steer Attachment
Our top pick specialized stump bucket is a quality attachment that features a Skidsteer-Bobcat Attachment Pull. This allows it to work as both a stump bucket as well as a tree scoop digger.
The tool is designed to handle bulk, heavyweight materials of course. The HD designation of this model stands for heavy-duty.
The robustness you get here means the attachment can be used to lift concrete slabs, uproot tree stumps, and even dig footing for a building.
It is therefore well suited for landscaping, construction, forestry, and farming. As the name suggests the model is designed and built by Titan Manufacturing.
This scoop has a shallower design as compared to an ordinary machine bucket loader, and this design characteristic alongside its serrated leading edge makes it suitable for dredging the foundation of buildings as well as digging, uprooting and shearing tree stumps and roots.
The attachment is 46 inches long, 45 inches wide, and about 20 inches in height.
From its length and width, it is clear that it has a large base while its height gives a shallow build that suits it for excavation and digging functions.
The attachment weighs about 469 pounds, but its shipping weight averages 450 pounds because it comes without its tooth bar, which must be fitted on-site.
The heavy-duty body of Titan Extreme-HD Stump Bucket features 0.5-inch steel construction.
This thickness, alongside its stable shape, gives it the strength to handle bulk materials and digging into hard surfaces without deforming. Furthermore, the steel body is hardened to minimize wear and tear.
Its leading-edge features a tooth bar that has 3 strong and well-arranged teeth, and each of these teeth is 3 inches wide.
These teeth are the first point of contact between the scoop and the ground during excavation and digging, and their pointed design and hardened steel bodies ensure that they (the 3 teeth) can easily penetrate into the ground, and thereby loosen up the surface for the remaining body of the scoop to sink in.
Along the upper edge of the walls of this scoop bucket is a series of serrations. These walls rise gently from the tooth bar until they reach the top of the back panel.
The skid steer attachment comes equipped with a Quick-Tach mount, which allows it to be easily fitted onto the lift arms of a skid-steer loader. This model also comes with a 12-months warranty guaranteed by its maker.
- Related Content: Best hay moisture tester you can buy – top 5 picks
2. Titan Mount-Plate 516MP Skid Steer Attachment
The 516MP from Titan is a high quality mount plate made from Grade-50 structural steel. It features a Bobcat Kubota quick attachment adapter that allows it to be easily fitted to the lift arms of a Skid-steer loader.
Its mount plate is 5/16 inches thick, and it can be welded or bolted onto forks and plows among other attachments that be converted for hookup.
The Titan 516MP is best suited for leveling grounds. Its plate is 46 inches long and 18.5 inches high.
The plate is curved at its edges to form right-angled side husks that are 3 inches long.
As mentioned earlier, this mount plate is 5/16 inches thick, and due to the curving at the edges, its outer length is 46 inches while its inner length is 45 inches.
Other dimensions include an outer height of 18.5 inches, with the inner height coming in at approximately to 17.5 inches.
The mounting plate is fitted onto a top bar. This top bar is 3/8 inches thick. Together, the mounting plate and the top bar weigh about 86 pounds.
The mounting plate has a flat vertical design with its bottom-edge curved at either end into two flat forward-facing plate feet with two rectangular holes in each foot for mounting a hookup attachment such as a plow or fork.
These two holes are not of the same size, with the outer hole being larger than the inner rectangular hole.
Even so, without any hookup attachment, the plate can be used to level ground; while with a plow, it can be used for landscaping a terrain.
First and foremost the plate serves as a leveling tool, however, it can also work as a terrain-handling tool if it is fitted with hookup attachments such as a plow.
The heavy-duty body of this mount plate features a Grade-50 steel construction that gives its the strength and durability to level hard surfaces without its edges being chipped off or becoming deformed.
Likewise, the steel body is hardened to minimize wear and tear. Also, the forward-facing plate feet are designed to the handle heavy load of the hookup attachment as well as the workload placed on the hookup attachment.
Its wide flat (vertical) surface provides ample room for welding hookup attachments that cannot be fitted onto the plate feet.
This also makes the mount-plate a versatile tool as a wide range of hookup attachments can be welded on its front-facing surface.
It comes equipped with a Quick-Tach mount, which allows it to be easily fitted to the lift arms of a skid-steer loader. This model comes with a 12-months warranty guaranteed by its maker.
3. Titan Hay Spear Skid Steer Attachment
Third, on our list is this high-quality tractor hay-spear. Featuring a vertical frame made from high-grade structural steel and a Bobcat Kubota quick attachment adapter this attachment can be easily fitted to the lift arms of a Skid-steer loader in minutes.
It is a sturdy beast too, capable of lifting up to 3,000 pounds of hay. The model features a universal skid-steer style hookup that allows it to fit onto full-size skid steers, or be attached to tractors that have replaceable buckets.
As with previous attachments in our list, this is designed and built by Titan Manufacturing.
The vertical frame of this model has an open design of a rectangular frame that contains an off-center vertical bar that divides it into two separate inner frames.
This vertical frame is black in color, and the hay spear is positioned directly on top of the off-center vertical bar, which is welded onto the inner surfaces of the top and bottom bars of the frame.
The use of a vertical frame with hollow top and bottom bars, which have been joined together in an open design that features a stabilizing inner vertical bar, serves to give this frame the strength and resilience to withstand high loads placed on the hay spear.
The Titan Hay Spear is obviously designed for hay farming. Extra functionality is provided due to the fact it can also be used to shape the bales. (For this reason, it is categorized as a shaping tool.)
This model is 45.5 inches long. The length of the hay spear is 43 inches, but a 39-inches long hay-spear can still be attached to the vertical frame.
There are also two stabilizer spears of equal length, and each is 17 inches long. The entire unit weighs about 165 pounds.
The spiked spear is well fitted on the top bar of the vertical frame.
This spear fits into a hole drilled in the middle of a front triangular steel plate, which is one-half of a triangular plate pair that has been welded on the top bar of the vertical frame.
These 2 triangular plates are positioned near the middle of the top bar, with the front plate being welded at the front edge of the bar while the backplate is welded at the back edge of the bar.
Along with the spiked hay spear, there are a pair of stabilizer spears that are screwed into their cylindrical shells, which are located on top of the bottom bar of the steel frame.
The heavy-duty forged hay spear has a hardened and pointed (spiked) end, which allows it to simply pierce through a bale instead of pushing off its stack.
This hay-spear is coated with a rust-proof material and painted over so as to provide an additional layer of protection against corrosion.
The attachment is shipped in a disassembled state, with the hay spear and the pair of stabilizer spears being shipped first.
Afterward, the vertical frame is shipped, and the worker is then expected to assemble these components into a working hay-spear attachment that can be fitted onto a skid-steer loader or tractor.
The model comes with a 12-months warranty guaranteed by its maker.
4. Titan TTP13 Fence-Post Puller
The TTP13 is a heavy-duty hydraulically-powered tree and fence post puller whose solid construction features tough steel jaws capable of pulling and uprooting trees that are up-to 12-inches wide.
The hydraulic system that powers the steel jaws incorporates a 10-inch long by 2-inch wide hydraulic cylinder that delivers pressurized hydraulic fluid via hoses to pistons that operate each of the 2 clamping jaws.
This hydraulic system can generate 3,000 pounds of clamping force. The model is designed and built by Titan Manufacturing.
The attachment features a Quick-Attach Bobcat Kubota adapter case.
The jaws are hinged on a vertical steel frame whose top and bottom bars are hollow, and are connected to each other by flat vertical steel plates.
The hinge mechanism incorporates a single hinge pin and 2 vertical hollow steel tubes with square cross-section that measures 3 inches by 3 inches.
This hinge mechanism allows the jaws to open as far apart as 11.9 inches (303 millimeters).
Each jaw has a bottom rectangular bar and a vertical bar which meet and joined each other at their bases, while a triangular plate connects the remaining section of the bottom bar to the vertical bar.
Only one jaw moves, while the other is fixed. The movable jaw features a hydraulic cylinder and hydraulic piston system that connects to the bottom solid bar so that when the piston moves, the jaw also moves accordingly.
The inner surface of the bottom bar of each jaw features a plate with serrated edges. The size of teeth in each of these serrated edges is 1-inch wide.
The vertical frame of the Titan TTP13 Fence-Post Puller has an open design of a rectangular frame that contains two off-center vertical bars onto which are attached to the jaws.
These two immobile vertical bars are welded onto the inner surfaces of the top and bottom bars of the frame.
The use of a vertical frame with hollow top and bottom bars, which have been joined together in an open design that features a stabilizing inner vertical bar, serves to give this frame the strength and resilience to withstand high loads placed on its attached pair of jaws.
The attachment is 49 inches long and 21 inches high. Each jaw is 46 inches long. This jaw length allows this fence post puller to clamp onto a 12-inch thick post and then pull it from the ground.
Furthermore, the 3,000 pounds of pulling force generated by its hydraulic system allows it to clamp onto a 12-inch tree trunk and then lift and pull it off the ground along with its roots. This model can, therefore, be used for landscaping and forestry.
The complete unit of the Titan TTP13 Fence-Post Puller weighs about 330 pounds. Its vertical frame comes with a Quick-Tach mount, which allows it to be easily fitted to the lift arms of a skid-steer loader.
The puller comes with a 12-months warranty.
5. Titan Skid Steer 42″ Pallet Fork & Trailer Hitch Attachment
Our final top pick is this is a powerful integrated hitch receiver that comes equipped with a trailer hitch and pallet fork attachment that be used to can move equipment and trailers around.
The maximum capacity of this skid-steer hookup is 3,000 pounds. The frame of the attachment is designed as a standard 2-inch trailer hitch receiver.
The model has a strong vertical frame onto which is fitted a pallet fork. The vertical frame has an open design of a rectangular frame that contains a single centrally-placed vertical bar.
The vertical bar is welded to the underside of the top bar of the frame, while its bottom section is welded to a hollow rectangular tube that is fitted atop the bottom bar of the frame.
The use of a vertical frame with hollow top and bottom bars, which have been joined together in an open design that features a stabilizing inner vertical bar, serves to give this frame the strength and resilience to withstand high loads placed on its attached pair of pallet forks.
The pallet forks have a flat vertical bar that is welded to both the top and bottom bar of the vertical frame. The vertical bar of the pallet fork continues downward where it curves into a horizontal bar that is 42 inches long.
The hitch receiver is well-positioned for accessibility so that trailers can be easily attached to the unit in readiness for towing.
The length of the vertical frame of this model is 45.5 inches while its height is 19 inches. The attached fork pair has a length of 42 inches.
The size of the forks allows this model to be fitted snugly, and relatively deep, under the base of a trailer container hence ensuring that the container can be lifted up as a single unit. The average weight of the entire is 105 pounds.
The frame of the attachment comes with a Quick-Tach mount, which allows it to be easily fitted to the lift arms of a skid-steer loader. The model also comes with a 12-months warranty.
Skid Steer Attachment Buyer’s Guide
The Versatility of the Skid Steer
The skid-steer loader is a specialized engine-powered wheeled vehicle whose small and rigid frame support a pair of lift arms onto which labor-saving attachments or tools can be fitted.
The lift arms are operated using a hydraulic mechanism, and the mobility of this vehicle allows the lift arms and its attachments to work in a large area.
These lift arms are hinged onto the rear frame, and this allows them to pivot the attachments of the loader arms in a swing-like up-and-down motion along an arc.
General Skid Steer Configurations
Usually, skid-steer loaders have four wheels with the wheels on each side being mechanically locked to each other so that the left-side wheels operate as a unit, whose operations are totally independent of the right-side wheels; and vice versa.
This means that the front wheel and the back wheel in the left side of the vehicles can spin simultaneously while the right-side wheels remain stationary.
This kind of operation allows the right-side wheel to act as a pivot that allows the vehicle to skid to the right when the left-side wheel rotates.
- Related Content: A Short Skid Steer Safety Guide
This level of synchronization in wheel operations, as well as lack of separate steering mechanism for the left-side and right-side wheels, allow the wheels to be snugly fitted in straight fixed alignment to the frame of the vehicle.
When driving a skid steer you will have a zero-radius pirouette turning capability that makes it highly maneuverable even in tight spaces, as well as converting it into an agile and compact loader.
The level of maneuverability and workplace needs determine the kind of attachment that can be appropriately fitted to its lift arms.
Even so, the skid-steer loader can be equipped with tracks in place of wheels, and this converts it into a multi-terrain loader, as it can navigate across almost all types of grounds and terrains.
The various types of skid steer attachments
The conventional bucket attachment
Most skid-steer loaders come with a conventional bucket attached to its lift arms. This bucket can be replaced, and most well-designed skid-steer loader models incorporate an automated attachment-changer mechanism.
This mechanism allows the operator to change between different types of attachments, including terrain-handling tools, leveling attachments, and shaping tools; without leaving the driver cabin of the machine.
This automated attachment-changer mechanism is basically a hydraulic-control mechanism that allows the lift arms to disengage from the attachment that is no longer required and then latch onto an appropriate attachment.
- Related Content: Buying the best fuel transfer pump (top 5 reviews)
Other types of attachment
Apart from the conventional bucket, the other types of attachments that can be fitted onto the lift arms of a skid-steer loader are as follows:
- specialized buckets,
- hay spears,
- mount plates,
- pallet forks,
- hydraulic breakers,
- snow blades,
- stump grinders,
- fence post pullers,
- wheel saws,
- wood chipper machine,
- dumping hoppers,
- cement mixers
Even so, when choosing an attachment for a specific skid-steer loader, the operator needs to ensure that the degree of wheel maneuverability, the integrity of the machine frame, and the hydraulic mechanism of the vehicle can support the attachment as well as the loads handled by that attachment.