Top 5 Best ATV Ramps for 2021 (Long & Short Models)
What are the best ATV loading ramps on the market in 2021? There’s certainly a wide range of options available and deciding which to buy can be difficult.
Often the question comes down to function. However, whether you are after a short 6 ft ramp for conventional vehicles, or a longer 12 foot ATV ramp for a lifted truck, one of our top 5 selected picks should suit your needs.
For a summary of our top picks, just head to the tables below. For an in-depth review of each of our chosen ATV ramps, plus a detailed buyer’s guide, keep on reading.
- Top Pick ATV Ramps
- Best ATV Ramps – The Reviews
- 1. TOP PICK: ATV001, Aluminum Plate ATV Truck Loading Ramps (7.5ft)
- 2. Yutrax TX104 Silver 78-inch XL Aluminum Tri-fold Ramp, 1750lb capacity
- 3. BEST 10′ LONG RAMPS: Titan, folding aluminum ramps (single of pair)
- 4. Black Widow AFL-9012-2 Dual Runner ATV Ramp-Finger-Style Lip, Rung style
- 5. Highland (1120500) 69” Aluminum Straight Loading Ramp-Pair
- ATV Ramp Buyer’s Guide
- Tips when using ATV ramps
- ATV Ramp FAQs
Top Pick ATV Ramps
Best Overall: ATV001, Aluminum Plate ATV Ramps
- CAPACITY OF 1,500-POUNDS: These ramps are ideal for transferring any four-wheeled vehicle to a truck trailer. Use a single ramp to transport a dirt bike or motorcycle and use both to load an ATV, 4-wheeler, or lawnmower onto a truck bed. Titanâ€s 7.5-foot aluminum ramps are both sturdy and versatile with their 1,500-pound capacity. Take your vehicles with you wherever you go with Titanâ€s load ramps!
- IDEAL ATV, DIRT BIKE, AND LAWN MOWER LOADING RAMPS: Whether transporting an ATV a few miles or across the country, Titan ramps will help get the job done. The arched ramp design allows for optimal clearance, ensuring a smooth lift every time. These ramps are ideal for any mid-size, including ATV and 4-Wheeler tires. They also make excellent lawn mower loading ramps.
- SAFETY STRAPS INCLUDED: No need to purchase safety straps separately! These truck tailgate ramps include heavy-duty load straps to keep the ramp firmly attached to the tailgate. This ensures safe transfer onto a truck without collapsing or buckling. Use them again and again to keep your 4x4 ATV, mini 4 wheeler, or lawnmower safe during transfer.
- A FOLDING ALUMINUM RAMP WITH STURDY CONSTRUCTION: Each component of these trailer ramps is designed with optimal function. They fold for easy transportation and only weigh a combined 30-pounds, making them easy to move and operate. Rubber-tipped fingers provide extra security to your vehicle while preventing tailgate damage.
- PORTABLE MUST-HAVE ATV AND 4-WHEELER ACCESSORIES: ATVs and 4-wheelers are great for navigating backcountry and dirt roads, but Titan truck bed ramps are a necessity if you need to take your vehicles farther from home. With its 1,500-pound capacity, it can easily handle even the heaviest of ATVs. No other loading ramp compares in quality, affordability, or portability.
Whether you need to load a dirt bike or motorcycle or use the dual ramp option for an ATV or lawnmower, the ATV001 has you covered. These 7.5-foot aluminum ramps are well made and have an impressive, 1,500lb capacity. They are also extremely affordable. Our top pick ATV ramps for the last two years. Highly recommended.
Best 10′ Long Ramp: Titan, Aluminum (Single or Pair)
- GREAT FOR LOADING RECREATIONAL VEHICLES: The 10 FT Loading Ramps are compatible with motorcycles, dirt bikes, motor scooters, and other 2-wheeled vehicles. Hook it up to your pick-up truck or trailer, then guide your vehicle up the ramp.
- SAFETY STRAPS INCLUDED: To better secure your valuable cargo, we are happy to include safety straps with the delivery of these great Loading Ramps. Use them to strap down your vehicles to your truck bed or trailer, keeping everything right where it should be as you travel.
- FOLDABLE FOR EASY STORAGE: This folding ramp has a unique arched design that allows you much better clearance than other loading ramps. It also features serrated crossbars to allow for more excellent traction, so you can trust it to function even in wet weather conditions.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: This loading ramp is made from robust and durable aluminum, making it incredibly long-lasting. Its all-aluminum construction makes it super lightweight and perfect for travel and transportation. Store this portable ramp in your truck bed when you drive away.
- DIMENSIONS: This pair of Loading Ramps weighs a combined 45-pounds and individually measures 120" L x 11.25" W. When folded, they measure 60" L x 11.25" W x 6" H. They support a combined weight capacity of up to 1,200-pounds.
The Titan Pair of 10’ long folding Aluminum Arch ATV Ramps are the ideal ramps for someone requiring that extra length. Strong, sturdy, and easy to install there’s a lot to like here.
Furthermore, the fact they are available in both single or pair ramp packages is a significant bonus. For motorbike owners, you will not have an extra ramp that is surplus to requirements. Highly recommended.
Best ATV Ramps – The Reviews
There are a number of features we look at when we want to buy a loading ramp. This could be the carrying capacity, the length, the weight, and/or the price. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to these features.
As we mentioned above, some love longer ramps while others prefer shorter ones. Here, we have covered the bases, with models that cater to a broad range of needs.
We will also give you an unbiased assessment of all of them by looking into the advantages and disadvantages of each.
1. TOP PICK: ATV001, Aluminum Plate ATV Truck Loading Ramps (7.5ft)
The ATV001 gets our top pick for being one of the best ATV ramps for trucks. With the dimensions coming in at 7.5ft, these qualify as long ATV ramps and are great for loading onto a lifted truck.
Furthermore, they are constructed in a curved configuration and can hold weights of up to 1,500 pounds. This means you can easily load your lawnmower, ATV truck, bike, or even a golf cart onto your truck bed or trailer.
The ramps are made of aluminum and have a total length of 7.5 feet (90 inches). The width is 11 inches.
When folded the ramps are 45.5 inches in length while the width remains the same. These ramps have a weight of 33 pounds making them easy to carry around.
They also come with safety straps to ensure that each ramp is well secured to your truck just in case the tires at the back start to spin uncontrollably while part of the vehicle is inside.
This usually causes your vehicle to flip and may end up being very catastrophic for you. So we can say these ramps do value your safety.
These ramps are a cost-effective solution to loading your truck. The aluminum plates although thin are sturdy enough to ensure your vehicle does not fall off.
The ramps are light, affordable, long, and well-designed. All of these add up to them being our top pick ATV ramps for 2021.
- Related Content: Best ATV sprayer for the money (Top 5 Picks)
2. Yutrax TX104 Silver 78-inch XL Aluminum Tri-fold Ramp, 1750lb capacity
This is a Yutrax brand ramp and has 3 attached sections which can be folded into one when storing. It is a simple looking ramp that does the job well.
The ramp has a weight of 32 pounds making it very light and portable.
It can carry vehicles of up to 1750 pounds and has a length of 78 inches and a width of 50 inches. When folded the width of the ramp becomes 17.5 inches while the length remains the same.
One thing you will notice about this ramp is its large width. This is a big advantage for those that need to load wider wheeled vehicles.
The ramp is made of aluminum and is well-built and solid enough to support your ATV truck as you load and unload. The joints of the ramp are welded making it even sturdier.
This ramp ensures your safety through its rubber tabs which help prevent your ATV truck from sliding. It also comes with two safety straps to ensure that your ramp is securely held to the truck.
The Yutrax TX104 Silver 78-inch XL Aluminum Trifold Ramp is an amazing ATV loading ramp. It is very light and at the same time very strong.
These two features are what attract many people to it. It may look simple but it does a great job. It is a ramp I can highly recommend.
- Related Content: Best ATV snow plows to use this winter
3. BEST 10′ LONG RAMPS: Titan, folding aluminum ramps (single of pair)
These are Titan brand ramps and have a length of 10 feet each, making them very long compared to their counterparts. (Although it is possible to purchase 12-foot ATV ramps). The 10ft length of the Titans is definitely their greatest advantage.
The ramps weigh 45 pounds and are able to carry weights of up to 1200 pounds. Each of the ramps is able to carry 600 pounds hence the total of 1200 pounds.
The ramps have a curved-like design intended to ensure finer clearance.
These ramps have a width of 11.25 inches. When folded the ramps become 60 inches in length (which is half the length when fully extended). The width remains the same even when folded. The material used in the construction of these ramps is aluminum.
The Titan Pair of 10’ long folding Aluminum Arch ATV Ramps are the ideal ramps for someone searching for long ramps. The fact they are available in both dual or single ramp packages is also a bonus.
Whether you’re loading your motorbike, or a 4 wheel ATV, these light, sturdy, and easy to use ramps will have you covered. Highly recommended.
4. Black Widow AFL-9012-2 Dual Runner ATV Ramp-Finger-Style Lip, Rung style
Manufactured by Black Widow, these ramps have a weight of just 29 pounds. They come in two, a separate ramp for each pair of wheels.
They have an arch-like design to ensure that you get a finer clearance. With these ramps, your ATV will not regularly go back down every time you load it on your truck.
For safety and support, these ramps come equipped with rubber tabs and safety straps.
These two ramps combined can hold weights of up to 1500 pounds with each being able to hold 750 pounds.
The length of each ramp is 7.5 feet and the width is 11.25 inches. You can fold the ramp when you want to store them in the truck or your garage.
These ramps have all the qualities required for a good ramp. They are lightweight, they are very strong and well-built, they are durable and most importantly they are inexpensive. Such qualities give these ramps a spot among the top ramps.
- Related Content: Best ATV Mud Tires – Top 10 Picks for 2018
5. Highland (1120500) 69” Aluminum Straight Loading Ramp-Pair
Looking for a budget-friendly ramp? Well, this one should be on top of your list. Do not let the cheap price hinder you from buying these ramps because despite the price they are very reliable.
These ramps are manufactured by Highlands, a very reputable manufacturer when it comes to vehicle products. They pride themselves on being the leading manufacturers and suppliers of loading ramps.
The holding capacity of these ramps is 1250 pounds. They come in two so each ramp can hold up to 625 pounds.
They have a length of 69 inches and a width of 13 inches. Their weight is 16 pounds making them extremely light.
These ramps are made of aluminum and come with attached straps for safety and support.
If you are looking to buy a pocket-friendly ramp then you have to consider this one. These ramps are strong despite being very light and are durable despite being cheap.
ATV Ramp Buyer’s Guide
As you can see from our top 5 review section, when it comes to ATV ramps there are a number of styles, brands, and lengths to choose from.
And while we have provided a range of products to meet varying needs, how do you decide which is the right type for you.
Well in this short ATV buyer’s guide we aim to help you with that.
To begin with, you should take stock of your needs by considering your specific situation and the type of equipment you currently have.
- Related Content: Best ATV for Kids – Top 8 Picks for 2021
Different styles of ATV Ramp
While the above questions will help you focus on certain attributes in your search for a set of ATV ramps, we should also take a look at the different styles available.
Bi-Fold ATV Ramps
This style of ATV ramp features hinges so that the length of the ramp can be reduced to half for better storage. Longer ramps will opt for this, making them good for higher clearance situations.
Tri-Fold ATV Ramps
Much like the Bi-fold ramps however this time the length can be folded into 3rds. This makes them ultra-convenient for storage.
You will also find models with a semi-open center track that helps provide extra strength and stability to the fully open length.
Non-Folding and Arched ATV Ramps
Arched ramps can provide additional clearance as they help avoid the bottoming out that can occur when heavy ATVs crest the pickup truck bed.
Dual Runner ATV ramps
A popular style of a ramp that comes in a two separate ramp configuration. You can get these in folding or non-folding styles.
Trailer Style ATV Ramp
An extra strong style of a ramp that spreads the entire width of your truck or trailer. Suitable for those looking to load different types of machinery beyond the simple ATV.
Factors to consider when buying an ATV ramp
Finally, after considering all of the above, you can narrow your search further by looking into the following points altogether.
Weight Capacity of the Ramp
The weight capacity you need can be calculated relatively easily. Add together the weight of the following list of items will give you the grand total of what your ramps will need to carry:
- weight of the ATV (Check the owner’s manual for this),
- The weight of the fuel being carried in the tank (this is the fuel tank capacity in gallons x 8.5 lbs),
- weight of any accessories that have been attached to the ATV, (again the owner’s manual of each item should provide this information)
- weight of the ATV driver
You should never overload your ramps so ensure you purchase a model of a ramp that will continue to accommodate your needs.
You can do this by buying a set of ramps that are designed to carry substantially more than your weight requirements.
Width of the ramp
Measure the width of your ATV and ensure that the ramps you buy are wide enough to carry the vehicle comfortably.
Having ramps that are the right size will make your loading job easier and safer.
No matter the style of ramp you buy, make sure that you measure the ATV at its widest point so that everything fits accordingly.
The style of ramp
Consider all the different styles as mentioned above to ensure that you buy the right type specific to your requirements.
The correct ramp length
Again, consider carefully the length of the ramp that you go for. Take heed of the information mentioned in the section above, and purchase accordingly.
The guide below will provide even more detailed information on the type of calculation you can do to determine, the correct ramp length for your needs.
Ramp Mount Connection
The way the ramp mounts to the truck is another important consideration. Most ramps feature ledge supports that cling onto the tailgate or trailer floor. These are then secured using the provided stability straps and hooks. You should check customer reviews of the ramp to ensure they are stable in this regard. It is possible for inferior models to slide around if not properly anchored.
Some ramps also utilize mounting brackets that screw into the truck bed. These take longer to install, however are very stable as a result.
How to calculate the correct length for your ATV ramp
Tips when using ATV ramps
- Do not attempt to cut corners when installing the ramps. Always use any provided safety straps to help ensure that they do not shift when under load. Most trucks will have rear hooks beneath the bumper, this is where you can fasten the straps to your vehicle.
- Using dedicated mounting points for your ATV ramps is another way to ensure a stable connection while loading the vehicle.
- Do not hesitate to use extra straps or ropes if you have them. for more security. Longer ramps and heavier loads often benefit from the added stability.
- Ensure that the ramps are not set at an angle. They should stretch from the back of the loading vehicle to the ground, with the end of the ramp being true to the floor.
- Check for any obstructions beneath the end of the ramp that touches the ground. Even a small rock can cause an issue when loading.
- Double-check all strapping and mounting points before you begin loading.
ATV Ramp FAQs
Q. Are ATV ramps safe?
ATV ramps are safe as long as they have been mounted correctly (generally using straps), and the weight capacity is sufficient to carry the vehicle being loaded. For trucks with high clearance, the ramps also need to be sufficiently long enough.
Q. How long should ATV ramps be?
The length of ATV ramps depends on the height of the load vehicle. However, 7 to 9 feet is long enough for most vehicles. Trucks with extra high clearance may require 10′ ramps so that the loading gradient is not too steep.
Q. How do I stop my ATV ramps from sliding?
Use tie-down or ratchet straps are the best way to secure your ramps to the load vehicle. A separate strap should be used for each ramp, with the ends being securely attached to hooks on or beneath the truck bed.
Q. Will I need foldable ramps if I want to take them with me?
Foldable ramps are easier to store in general, however, even straight ramps can be placed onto the truck bed. These can slide beneath the ATV and can be taken with you.